Experienced Property Tax Attorney for Businesses in Madison Heights, MI
The experienced business attorneys and legal team at Fakhouri Law Group, PLC specializes in helping small to medium sized businesses in the Madison Heights area with a wide range of real estate and property tax matters.
Fakhouri Law Group's greatest asset is the expertise of its lawyers and professionals, and their dedication to your success. The firm recruits team members who combine the highest standards of legal expertise with a passion, commitment and enthusiasm for our clients, their personal matters, and their businesses in Michigan.
We believe that the long-run success of Fakhouri Law Group, PLC, depends on the service and results we provide. We also understand that our talents as lawyers should be utilized to bestow truly effective representation to our clients. We do not aspire to run a client's business. Rather, we aim to enable clients to operate their own business with minimal interruption from legal problems.
When it comes to real estate law, we can help you guide your corporation, partnership, limited liability company, joint venture, not-for-profit corporation, or community association past the legal and regulatory hurdles necessary to sustain long-term success.
Affordable Legal Services & Flat-Fee Rates for Business Owners in the Madison Heights Area
We pride ourselves on offering large law firm expertise at affordable costs.
We strongly believe that exemplary representation should not mean expensive lawyer costs and steep hourly rates. Our law firm tailor-fits our fees to the individual needs of the client. We offer low or no up-front retainers, payment plans and in many cases, offer to absorb a variety of fees for the benefit of our clientele. We also can set up low monthly retainers for our business owners who require consistent legal oversight or "in-house" counsel services without having to employ their own attorney.
A fundamental concept to our success is contributing to the economic success of our clients. That's why, unlike larger firms, our promise to you is that we will not charge for consultations, telephone calls, emails or unexpected administrative costs. We believe that our clients are entitled to have an open line of communication with their lawyers without worrying about expensive charges.
Take advantage of our flat-fee guarantee!
- Representing small and medium size businesses for day-to-day operations.
- Alleviating business owners from expensive on-staff attorney employment.
- Tailor-fitted payment plans.
Real Estate Law Representation You Can Trust
Real estate disputes---whether they involve foreclosure, design and construction defects, boundary disputes, purchase and sale contracts, commercial leases, property insurance, partnership disputes, claims involving breach of fiduciary duty, or property tax assessments -- require knowledgeable and experienced real estate attorneys in Michigan to navigate.
Fakhouri Law Group consists of experienced, skilled trial attorneys who collaborate with the top experts in related fields to achieve the most favorable outcomes for our clients.
Our experience includes:
- Buying or Selling
- Real Estate Leasing
- Zoning Board and Variances
- Closings and Title Review
- Construction and Contractor Agreements
Our experience in adversarial proceedings includes trials before juries and judges as well as alternative dispute resolution channels such as binding arbitration and non-binding mediation. While we support resolving disputes outside the courtroom, we are fully prepared to argue any case in state or federal trial and appellate courts.
In every instance, our goal is to provide the best, most cost-effective service for our clients, who include buyers and sellers of real estate, property owners, condominium and homeowner associations, investors and real estate developers, contractors, banks, private lenders, borrowers, landlords, tenants, and more.
Property Tax Assessment Appeals - Commercial & Residential Properties
The property taxes you pay are primarily based on your property's assessed value as determined by the County Assessor. If you disagree with the value established by the assessor or believe you may be paying too much for property taxes, Fakhouri Law Group can help you appeal your property tax assessment and help you realize thousands of dollars in tax savings.
What does my tax assessment mean (what is the difference between assessed value, taxable value, state equalized value, and fair market value)?
Your tax assessment should list several values for you to review:
- Assessed Value: This value is equal to 50% of the true cash value (which generally means fair market value) of the property according to the local assessor.
- Taxable Value: This value is the amount that will be subject to the millage rate to determine your property tax. This value can never be more than the assessed value and is typically lower than the assessed value. Your first assessment after purchase of the property will typically show that the taxable and assessed values are identical. After the first year of ownership, the assessed and taxable values can diverge because the taxable value can only go up by the rate of CPI or 5% whichever is less for each year of ownership, while the assessed value has no such limit.
- State Equalized Value: Except in rare cases where an equalization factor other than 50% has been applied by the county in which the property is located, the State Equalized Value will equal the Assessed Value.
Our team of real estate attorneys is located in Southfield, Michigan and we strive to be on the forefront of the law and its emerging trends. Many real estate concerns are time sensitive, and we will make ourselves available anytime and on any day of the week to give you the advice you need. Call today or fill out our online form to request a free consultation.